I call this One Pot Whatever because I don’t know what it really is. It’s kind of like a stew, but a little bit brothier. Anyway, it’s very good and really easy to make. This is designed to taste good and make you feel good. Feeling good is also a product of the easy clean up! Here’s what you’ll need to have and need to do:
- Slice and dice onions and garlic, sauté in ghee in soup pot until they’re warmed up.
- Add carrots and sauté until onions are translucent. Add water and kombu. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice and lower to medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove the kombu and stir in broccoli and butter. I do this because I don’t like when the kombu breaks up. Let this simmer for another 10 minutes. Add butter.
- In serving bowls, add miso, cheese and shoyu. Ladle the stew into the bowl, and mix!